Best Hotel Deals Worldwide

Dr. Olusola Coker Books Worldwide

Friday, 10 May 2019

Iran to US: Your fleet can be destroyed with one missile


The report comes as US Central Command says B-52 bombers arrive in Qatar to counter Iran
A senior Iranian cleric warned the United States on Friday that its fleet could be destroyed with "one missile" in response to the USS Abraham Lincoln carrier passed through Egypt’s Suez Canal on Thursday. 

"Ayatollah Yousef Tabatabai-Nejad,... referring to the Abraham Lincoln warship heading to the Gulf, said: 'Their billion (-dollar) fleet can be destroyed with one missile,'" Iran semi-official state media IRNA reported. 
Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corp's political chief also lashed out at the US on Friday, declaring that Washington 'will not dare to take military action' against the Islamic Republic.
Politburo head Yadollah Javani added that Iran is not will to engage in talks with the US at this time as it continues to act on a strategy of intimidation after Trump said this week Washington would not rule out military action against Iran.
Early Friday afternoon, US B-52 Stratofortress bombers landed at a US military base in Doha, Qatar, in response to what Washington has described as "clear indications" of Iranian threats toward US forces.
i24NEWS DESK | Iran's Guard monitors U.S. aircraft carrier with drone | Saturday, April 27th 2019
Last week, the US deployed an aircraft carrier to the Persian Gulf in a move Iran characterized as "psychological warfare." The US decision was reportedly made after Israel's Mossad intelligence services warned about a possible plot by Iran to attack US interests in the Gulf.
"Trump thought that Iran would face a kind of internal disarray and would eventually negotiate with the United States, but in practice it did not happen," Javani said, adding that this prompted Washington to apply new sanctions. 

The report from Iran's Tasnim News agency comes days after the US imposed fresh sanctions on Tehran's mining and steel industries in an effort to further economically isolate the resource-rich Middle Eastern nation after it walked back its commitment to key parameters of a 2015 international nuclear agreement.
i24NEWS DESK | Trump won't rule out military action against Iran | Friday, May 10th 2019
Trump, who pulled out of the "disastrous" deal in May 2018, has maintained an openness to re-negotiations despite recent tensions.
However, in April, the US move to classify the IRGC as a terrorist group, prompted increased tensions on top of mounting concerns from Tehran that US sanctions were preventing it from enjoying the economic fruits of its compliance with the deal with world powers.

No comments:

Post a Comment